The Academy of the Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra|Netherlands Chamber Orchestra is a unique academy. Since 2012 many young musicians have had the opportunity to perform in our symphony orchestra or our chamber orchestra. Each of these two orchestras has its own dynamics, repertoire and culture, asking the musicians to fulfill very different roles. Offering young musicians the dynamic of rehearsals or performances on the stage of the Concertgebouw or in the orchestra pit of the National Opera is very important. Academists will also experience educational projects, chamber music concerts and we train them how to meet the challenge of an audition.We offer an important bridge between their studies and a future life as a professional musician.
We are looking for musicians under the following conditions:
- You are not older than 27 years on 1st September 2022.
- You are studying in the second year of your master studies or you have completed your master studies at a conservatory.
- You are Dutch or you are living in the Netherlands and have a European citizenship.
- You are available during the 2022-2023 season for several productions with a minimun of 10 weeks.
- We offer you work in at least ten orchestral weeks. These weeks can consist of concert productions, opera productions in the Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra and the Netherlands Chamber Orchestra but can also consist of an educational production. Musicians will be compensated according to the current standard regulations for extra musicians.
- Audition training and a trial audition
- Participation in one or more chambermusic projects with musicians from the orchestras
- Several individual lessons from an orchestra member of choice
- After finishing the academy a place in the first round of auditions is quaranteed during three years
- After finishing the academy the academist will receive a certificate.
It is no longer possible to apply for these auditions. The auditions for the 2023-2024 season will be announced later this year.